ABOUT LEAD Resources
LEAD Resources is a strategic human capital development social enterprise with a focus on governance, enterprise and technology hinged on generating opportunities, stimulating innovation and creating solutions to address challenges in the polity.
The Digital Economy Emerging Managers’ (DEEM) programme is LEAD Resources’ intensive 3-month internship for graduates designed to equip them with practical knowledge of and competencies for the Digital Economy.
The DEEM programme provides measurable on-the-job training that yields performance allowances and commissions during the internship. The DEEM programme is the core offering of LEAD Resources.
The DEEM programme aims to develop talented youths by providing:
- Awareness of the Digital Economy
- Talent management
- Industry-based projects
- Guided work experience
- Wholesome mentorship
- Networking opportunities
- Advocacy and ambassador opportunities
Listed below are some of LEAD Resources’ partners offering business development, project management and executive assistance jobs. The DEEM programme provides a fast-track, intensive training to equip participants with the competencies required for the jobs below (and many more).
- An Oxygen Production Plant: This facility is at construction stage and will be commissioned in Ogun state. The plant aims to supply sufficient oxygen to health institutions in Ogun state and environs.
- A United States Health Diagnostics Device Company: This company seeks a digital health diagnostics representative to interface with hospitals, health management organisations and high-net-worth-individuals that require personalized healthcare.
- A Precious Metals Buying Platform: This technology platform seeks regulators to manage transactions for solid minerals in Lagos while interfacing with the executives and service maintenance developers in Abeokuta.
- A Domestic Gas Production and Marketing Plant: This company seeks executive assistants for profiling and accountability duties.
- A Tertiary Education Management Platform: This platform seeks innovators and developers for:
- A locally and internationally certified blended learning platform.
- A robust university management platform.
- An internationally recognized online assessment platform.
PHASES OF THE DEEM PROGRAMME
PHASE 1: CAPACITY BUILDING
This is the first phase which occurs during the first 5 weeks of the DEEM programme. It comprises a set of introductory classes and tutelage training on the following:
- Introduction to LEAD Resources, our partners and projects
- Introduction to LEAD Resources’ collaboration platforms
- Mercer/Mettl personality profiling
- Video-based reflections
- Questions and answers
- Digital Economy Competency roadmap learning
- Delivery of 9 DEEM modules: Here, the competencies required for the Digital Economy are taught extensively in 9 modules by world-class facilitators who are professionals in these fields. The classes are highly engaging as all participants are required to share their views, lessons learnt and practical applications to real-life situations.
OVERVIEW OF THE 9 MODULES OF DEEM
|PRINCIPLES||Character||Entrepreneurship||Digital Economy Principles|
|PRACTICES||Financial Literacy||Business Models & Digital Transformation||Emerging Technology|
|TOOLS||Talent Management||Digital Social Business||Data Science & AI|
|GOALS||CITI – Creative, Intelligent, Talented, Innovative||Disruptive||Leapfrog, Enabled, Valuable, Leverage, Scales|
- Character – This is the first course in the DEEM programme. Here, the participants learn, unlearn and relearn the pillars of character and the proper work ethics to breakthrough, thrive and retain relevance in the 21st century.
- Financial Literacy – This is a course wherein the participants are equipped with the knowledge and skills to effectively manage and grow personal and organizational financial resources. They are given insights into principles and measures for making the best decisions towards the achievement of financial goals.
- Talent Management – In this course, the profile, skills and brand of each participant are objectively assessed. This is to the end that the participants reposition themselves (showcase their strengths and work on their weaknesses) while morphing into competent players in the Digital Economy.
- Entrepreneurship – Here, participants are enlightened on the principles of value creation and exchange. They are educated on the fundamentals of starting, sustaining and scaling organizations in the Digital Economy.
- Business Models & Digital Transformation – In this course, participants are given insights on harnessing technology for optimal business performance in the Digital Age. They are taught how to create digital business models.
- Digital Social Business – Here, participants learn how to acquire, build and retain customer relationships across various media channels so as to sell value and achieve desired goals. They are taught how to collect and harness big data for big profit.
- Digital Economy Principles – This course provides participants with guidelines and measures for operating as competent players in an economy that is driven by digital technologies. Participants are taught to play in the global economy regardless of the apparent limitations of their immediate environment.
- Emerging Technologies – This course introduces participants to the world of novel technologies such as Augmented Reality and Internet of Things to the end that participants learn to leverage them to be at the forefront of the Digital Economy.
- Data Science and Artificial Intelligence – The 21st century has presented the world with the 4th Industrial Revolution wherein data is king. Participants are taught how to harness big data so as to predict future outcomes and simulate desired customer experiences in any venture.
PHASE 2: EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING
This is the second phase which occurs between the sixth week and tenth week of the DEEM programme. It involves the practical application of all principles learnt and competencies gained in the first phase of the programme hence deepening the learning experience. It covers the following:
- Digital Economy Competency tasks and activities
- Acquisition of professional badges and certifications
- Individual and collaborative assignments within the organization
- Engagement in internal projects of LEAD Resources for real work experience
- Interaction, consultancy sessions and submission of feedback to facilitators
PHASE 3: MONITORING AND EVALUATION
This is the third phase which occurs between the eleventh week and twelfth week of the DEEM programme. This is the period for the review and assessment of all the competencies gained. Here:
- The performance of each participant is assessed and recorded
- A Mercer/Mettl learning and development assessment is carried out
- Each participant is required to develop a personal action plan for career and/or business by the application of new knowledge and tools
PHASE 4: GUIDED ENGAGEMENT
This is the fourth phase which occurs during the 13th week of the DEEM programme. Here, each participant is guided into an appropriate career path. This phase provides the following:
- An online forum for mentorship by facilitators and interaction with peers
- Lifetime access to all lecture materials (recordings, lecture notes and books)
- After graduation, retention of successful participants or referral to our partners and clients
DEEM is designed for graduates who have completed the mandatory NYSC year or will complete it in about 2 months. Therefore, the minimum qualifications are:
- Bachelor’s Degree or HND equivalent
- NYSC call up letter or certificate
Other requirements include:
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and the Internet.
- Proficiency in the use of English language (spoken and written).
- Learning agility and zeal to upskill.
- Critical thinking and stress management.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to handle confidential matters.
- Ability to develop SMART goals and prioritize accordingly.
- A good laptop and smartphone.
To apply for the DEEM internship:
- Register via the link: https://bit.ly/leadinternship
- Submit your CV and cover letter (letter of motivation) through the registration form.
- Note that the deadline for submission (for the third batch of participants) is 11:59 pm on Friday, 25th September 2020.
- Anticipate the response of the organization if shortlisted.
N.B: LEAD Resources is equal opportunity employer hence applicants of all genders, religions and races are encouraged to apply.
Got questions? Visit our DEEM webpage here.