In line with our Market Adoption and Sustainable Implementation of Technology Solutions (MASITS) initiative, LEAD Resources, together with YANI Solutions International, has become the Management Consultant for CrownBirth Ltd.
CrownBirth is one of the fastest growing EdTech companies in Nigeria strategically positioned to revolutionize the education system using technology. The company is owned by Ademola Adenubi, the Acting Director, Information and Communications Technology, Tai Solarin University of Education, Ijagun, Ijebu Ode, Ogun state.
CrownBirth has developed two proprietary, scalable web portal technology solutions that have the potential to transform the entire management of higher education starting from Ogun state.
CrownBirth Solution: Tertiary Academic Management System (TAMS)
The first solution is called Tertiary Academic Management System (TAMS), a custom-developed and scalable Education Management Information System that models the generic information, requirements and processes of Nigerian tertiary education system.
TAMS digitizes virtually every aspect of the tertiary education administration system such as admissions, course registrations, payments, result processing to transcript.
The TAMS interface displays the profiles of users alongside the breakdown of their academic units thereby providing a platform for interaction alongside other core functionalities.
The core functionalities of TAMS include:
PAYMENTS – Integration with registered payment gateway to allow online payment of all fees through secured channel. The application:
- Supports integration of separate payment gateway for different payment schedules.
- Allows payment instalments (in percentages) for different payment schedules.
- Checks students’ payment status and debt profile and implements penalty condition for late payments.
- Generates payment receipts in pdf format with QR code to enhance security.
- Provides statistics and analytics of payments across student levels & departments.
ADMISSIONS – Online processing of application form with integration of automatic O’Level verification system. The application:
- Supports multiple online admissions and application batches to run concurrently.
- Integrates automatic O’level result (WAEC, NECO & NABTEB) verification system using web crawler technology.
- Provides online administrative platform to process admission status and activate printing of personalized admission letter and clearance forms.
- Provides real-time admissions statistics and analytics of applicants across departments.
REGISTRATION – Provides platform for course registration by students based on curriculum for each programme of study. The application:
- Generates registration form for students with internal advice on course curriculum.
- Provides internal check for allowable minimum and maximum registration units.
- Generates exam pass for students and attendance sheet for lecturers based on course registration information.
- Integrates staff adviser module to edit and approve course registration.
- Allocates courses to lecturers which connects to student registration list and authorizes result upload.
RESULT PROCESSING – Internal processing of results based on sessional grading parameters to generate students’ transcripts. The application:
- Allows lecturers to upload e-copy of results based on course allocation data.
- Provides printable format of standardized scoresheet for file or archival copy.
- Possesses an internal mechanism for result computation and considerations.
- Publishes results in individual student profile.
- Generates of ‘broad-sheet’, ‘summary-sheet’ and transcript of students’ academic records.
Since 2013, TAMS has been used by tertiary institutions in Ogun state such as:
- Tai Solarin University of Education, Ijagun
- Abraham Adesanya Polytechnic, Ijebu Igbo
- DS Adegbenro Polytechnic, Itori
- Tai Solarin College of Education, Omu
CrownBirth Solution: Primary and Secondary School Academic Management System (PSAMS)
The second solution is PSAMS EduPortal, an integrated Primary & Secondary School Academic Management System. This is the ultimate school enterprise resource planning (ERP) software for primary & secondary schools.
Basically, it is designed to take over basic school management processes such as admission, fee management, result management, human resource management, user management and timetable management.
In order to improve accountability and efficiency, PSAMS engages all the major stakeholders of primary and secondary school education such as the principal, faculty, management, parents, government, administrative staff and students.
Seeing that LEAD Resources is now the official Management Consultant for CrownBirth Ltd., we have been equipped to give professional advice on all CrownBirth’s software product(s). To subscribe to either or both of these innovations, contact us we will guide you step-by-step.