There is no doubt that the year 2020 is full of many peculiarities and challenges which have affected the way we carry out our day-to-day activities. Because there are more problems than usual, there is a tendency for it to take a toll on our health. It’s important that amidst all this, we do not neglect our health. As the saying goes, “HEALTH IS WEALTH.”
Here are a few tips by Kyle Melerski to maintain a healthy lifestyle:
- Exercise Daily: Exercise for at least an hour every day. You do not have to “kill yourself” by running, jogging, etc. however you should engage in moderate physical activity in your day-to-day operations. Ensure you stay hydrated and stretch after a workout.
- Eat the Right Foods and Portion Each Meal: It’s important to control the quantity of food consumed on a daily basis. Also, try to stay away from sweets. Fruits and vegetables are the best foods to get in shape and maintain your health. Whenever you workout, eat foods with a decent amount of protein.
- Keep Track of Calories Consumed Per Day: Determine your total calorie needs and measure the number of calories you consume. This can be done by using a calorie calculator. If you desire to maintain your weight, ensure your calorie needs and calorie intake match but if you desire to lose some weight, consume lesser calories. Eat responsibly!
- Get Enough Sleep: To recharge the body’s batteries and maximize productivity, six to eight hours of sleep is recommended.
- Stay Motivated: To maintain a healthy lifestyle, it is important to set goals and keep a positive mindset. Protect your mental health!
- Obey COVID-19 Regulations: We are in trying times. Hygiene is paramount. Please, maintain social distancing, wear a face mask and wash your hands frequently for your wellbeing and the good of others.
Edobor Francis is an Associate Solutions Architect of Lead Resources. He is a graduate of Accounting. He is also a Sports Enthusiast, so when he’s not working, you can find him on a football pitch.